Store Manager - Battersea
To apply, download the application form HERE and send to [email protected].
Whether it be for the weekday commute or weekend pursuits, our customers have very different preferences. What they all have in common is a genuine excitement when they’re presented with their cycling products & you are looked upon not just as a representative of The Electric Bike Shop, but a cycling know-it-all.
Your role is to ensure that you & the team deliver this through sharing your passion, contributing to a quality customer experience & doing what’s right. We’re a growing company, but we operate like a local, independent bike shop & it’s your responsibility to promote this mentality through coaching the team to offer great service & exceed our customers’ expectations every single day.
Your role doesn’t just stop there, it just keeps on going because the team, bricks & mortar as well as its contents are your responsibility. Ultimately, you are accountable for everything that happens within the store and the reputation you develop beyond it. Through developing your people to enhance their skills & actively praising & rewarding their successes, your happy & motivated team should lead your store to the top of the company leader board.
- Ensure a tailored approach to customer service is offered by you & your team & that the right product is suggested to every customer
- Ensure the team are putting the customer & their welfare in front of every other duty.
- Ensure that customers are aware of the best way to make their purchase through our offers & schemes including; GCI, finance options, insurance policies & our after care.
- Ensure till & cash processes are being followed by the book.
- Handle escalated customer queries & complaints, liaising with customer relations to identify solutions immediately.
- Manage the order book, customer orders & carry out related duties.
- Communicate & drive store targets.
- Check stock control daily - manage perpetual inventory (PI) counts, stock checks, taking actions based on these & audit results to actively ensure risk reduction to stock.
- Oversee a range of after sales services & ensure the team understand how they work – including warranties, discretionary discounts, refunds and staff sales.
- Have knowledge of & adhere to health & safety regulations that concern yourself, your team, customers & visitors to the store such as fire safety procedures. Take responsibility to report damaged fixtures, fittings and other maintenance concerns.
- Feedback to staff on their performance, identifying ways to develop individuals of differing ability levels & handle concerns or poor performance, including assisting with training where appropriate.
- Be actively involved in the recruitment process for new members of staff in your branch.
- Follow the closing procedures, ensuring that you leave the store at the end of each day ‘ready to trade’ and safety locked up and secure.
- Keep a close eye on competitors in your local area to ensure we’re not missing a trick & seek out opportunities to join with local business networks. It’s important we keep one step ahead of the game!
THE SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS THAT MAKE IT ALL HAPPEN.
- An interest in cycling & an enthusiasm about the products we sell.
- Able to build rapport with anyone & maintain good relationships with team, your Manager, regional management
- Able to adapt your approach dependant on your audience.
- Good communication skills, able to talk to people clearly & comprehensively, saving the use of jargon or highly technical speak for only our most clued up customers or colleagues.
- The commitment to go above & beyond, with an understanding there may be some early starts & late nights involved.
- Desirable knowledge of Citrus Lime
- General IT & Maths skills.
- An inclusive & collaborative style of leadership, encouraging staff to make suggestions to improve store performance.
- The ability to maintain composure & a consistent approach when under pressure.
- Ready to get involved in recruitment, training, performance reviews & investigations to a high standard.
- The ability to train and coach others as well as a willingness to continually learn & develop your own skills.
- A readiness to work as a team to achieve goals.
- Competitive salary
- Generous staff purchase scheme
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays per year, plus a non contractual extra day off for your birthday and an extra 3 days leave around Christmas.
- Employee healthcare scheme and employee assistance programme
Full-time hours: 37.5 hours per week across Tuesday – Saturday
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000- £35,000 per year depending on experience.