Still Small. Even More Useful, the top of the range Tern GSD R14 1000Wh Electric Cargo Bike With Belt Drive In Grey.
Dualbattery with 1000Wh capacity comes standard on the Tern GSD R14, meaning you can reach up to 128 miles, this model also features the Gates Carbon Drive CDX belt.
With a 200 kg (440 lb) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight, the GSD is ready to replace your car. It'll let you carry two kids plus groceries, or a whole lot of cargo—but it's the same length as a regular bike. Built-in dual-battery technology lets you ride all day, while space-saving features like FlatFold and Vertical Parking make the GSD incredibly easy to own and use.
Carries Your Family
Our ecosystem of passenger-carrying accessories fits your family—now, and five years from now. Carry two little ones in child seats and watch as they grow into (and out of) the Clubhouse. Give your spouse a lift on date night with the Captain's Chair. Snap a photo of the day your teen graduates to carrying you.
One Size Fits Most
The GSD has an adjustable cockpit that resizes in seconds and without tools to fit riders 150 - 195 cm tall (4'11" - 6'5"), so you can easily share it with your family. The updated frame geometry with a slacker seat tube angle and higher handlebars also means the GSD doesn't just fit—it's more comfortable too.
The GSD is made to fit your life, including all your stuff. Our ecosystem of accessories includes a wide range of cargo-carrying gear designed to keep your loads secure and stable for wobble-free hauling. You may not have thought of using a bike to pick up groceries, home improvement supplies, or plants for your garden—but now you will.
Easy to Manage
The GSD's unique geometry makes for super stable riding, no matter what you're hauling (or how wiggly your kids are). The low center of gravity lets even smaller riders confidently manage heavy loads, and the step-thru frame makes getting on and off the bike a breeze. Plus, we've made it easier for the rider's feet to reach the ground at stops.
If you're planning to use your Tern cargo bike to carry a kid or even an adult passenger, please take a moment to learn more about how you can do this safely. - https://www.ternbicycles.com/uk/tern-passenger-guide
Key Features of The Tern GSD R14 Electric Cargo Bike:
- 200 kg (440 lb) Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight
- Bosch® Cargo Line Motor provides up to 85 Nm of torque and 400% support
- Bosch dual-battery system (1000 Wh) for a range of up to 128 miles (206 km )
- Rohloff® Speedhub features a 526% gear range, electronic shifting, and automatic downshifting
- Gates® CDX Belt Drive is silent, smooth, and virtually maintenance-free
- Adjustable cockpit comfortably fits riders 150 - 195 cm (4'11" - 6'5")
- Super tough Atlas Lockstand™ auto-locks when engaged—just press a button on the handlebars to unlock
- Heavy-duty frame-integrated rear rack and integrated lower decks
- Cane Creek® Thudbuster ST Suspension Seatpost for an extra-cushy ride
- Always-on RearStop™ Brake Light helps you safely signal stops
- Ultra-bright Ignis™ Headlight ensures 24/7 visibility, no matter the weather
- Powerful and responsive Magura® MT5 eSTOP 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes
- Wide range of cargo- and passenger-carrying accessories
- Fits two Thule® Yepp Maxi seats, no adapters needed
- Integrated Abus® Wheel Lock, keyed-alike with the battery
- Upgraded Atlas Wheels with custom CNC machined hubs for extra strength and durability
- Manual, keys and charger included
- Complimentary pedals supplied
- Built, configured and tested by a Bosch approved technician
- Full technical handover and ongoing support if required
- We offer a free follow up service at 175 miles
Max gross vehicle weight
Max gross vehicle weight (MGVW) is a key concept to understand a bike's load limit. The MGVW includes the weight of the bike and the rider, plus any accessories, cargo, and/or passengers.
* Bike = weight of the bike plus batteries; ** Rider(s) = weight of the cyclist and any passengers
In addition to MGVW, your bike's load limit also depends on its rear rack capacity. So Tern have designed and tested their e-bikes to the following load limits:
Optional Tern Cargo Bike Accessories
If you are investing in one of Tern's cargo bikes then also consider upgrading it with a selection of great accessories that boost the utility of your new bike – click below for details.
Atlas Lockstand Extensions
52 Litre Pannier Bags
Storm Shield Canopy
Sidekick Wide Decks
Clubhouse Seat Cushion
Before despatch, bikes need to be built, configured and tested. We aim to despatch a boxed bike 3 -5 days after an order is placed (not including weekends). For parts and accessories we aim to despatch the next working day after the order is placed. For more information about delivery timescales please click HERE
Boxed Bike Delivery
FREE boxed bike delivery is available to mainland UK locations, for Highlands and Islands there is a surcharge. We can also deliver to BT Northern Ireland and IM Isle Of Man for an additional charge, for other non mainland locations please contact us for a quote. **this service is not available for Cargo bikes.
Choose our Ready2Ride Service and one of our team will deliver your new bike, fully built, configured and tested, we will personally hand over your new bike, make adjustments if required and can also wait while you take a short test ride round the block. This premium delivery is available to locations within a 75 miles radius of one of our stores, if your postcode qualifies for this service it will available to select at checkout. If your delivery address is outside our delivery area please contact our Customer Services team on 0117 452 6571
Ready2Ride Delivery For Cargo Bikes
As our electric cargo bikes are larger than standard electric bikes these are only available for home delivery via our Ready2Ride delivery option (or click and collect). One of our team will deliver your new bike, fully built, configured and tested, we will personally hand over your new bike, make adjustments if required and can also wait while you take a short test ride round the block. This premium delivery is available to locations within a 75 miles radius of one of our stores. If your postcode qualifies for this service it will available to select at checkout. If your delivery address is outside our delivery area please contact our Customer Services team on 0117 452 6571
Parts & Accessories
Place an order for £50 or more and delivery is free to mainland UK (including Highlands), for an order under £50 delivery is charged at £8.99.
For Highlands, Northern Ireland, Isle Or Man and other non mainland locatons additional charges will apply.
Click & Collect
For Click & Collect orders, for security you must present photo ID plus the payment card used at time of collection. This is also applicable when you have purchased using V12 Finance. For more information click HERE
Full Warranty On Your New Tern Bike
Tern bicycles are sold on behalf of our company (“Tern”) by selected Authorized Tern Dealers who understand the assembly and service needs of our products. Tern provides a warranty against defects in materials and workmanship to the original retail purchaser (“Owner”) of a Tern bicycle from the date of purchase according to the following terms:
5 Years on Frame, fork and handlebar post (can be extended to 10 years with Tern Care), 1 year on components
One Year: All Tern or BioLogic branded parts and components, except as noted below.
Other: Any other parts or components are covered by the stated warranty of the original manufacturer of that part or component.
24 month Bosch warranty on motor and battery.
For more information on warranty, click HERE
If you intend to purchase a bike or accessory via a Cycle to Work scheme, please review our Cycle to Work page first to make sure we accept your scheme.
If you need a quote, you can save your basket as a quote at the checkout, or get in touch by phone, email or via our Live Chat and one of our team will send you a quote by email.
Only full priced bikes and accessories can be purchased online using a CycleScheme or Gogeta voucher.
To purchase a reduced bike via CycleScheme, VIVUP, My Benefits World, Cycle Solutions, Gogeta and Bike2Work customers please contact our Customer Services Team on 0117 452 6571 and we will process your order manually.
Any bike reduced or on SALE may be subject to a 5% build and handing charge depending on your scheme, there is no charge with purchasing via Gogeta.
Service Plans are available on all bikes purchased in store and online within 60 days of purchase and a great way to save money on future services.
Your Service Plan is non-refundable, non-transferable and is registered to you and your bike (frame number required)
We Pride Ourselves In Offering Our Customers Great Value And The Best Service.
To ensure that we never let our you down, we proactively monitor competitor prices and adjust our own prices every week.
However, if you do find a product online for less than the price offered on our website or in store, please get in touch and we may be able to match it, as long as it matches the criteria below.
- We can only price match identical, like for like items (including model, size, colour)
- The competitor's item must be in stock and available to buy
- The competitor's price must include delivery within the UK and be expected to arrive within seven days
- The competitor must be UK based and sell directly to customers
- The price must not include any membership, bulk buy discount or personal discounts
- No other promotional offers or vouchers (including cycle to work scheme vouchers) can be used on top of a price match
- We will not match against clearance sales, auctions, closing down sales, pre-sales or other specialist retailers
- We will not price match online auction or marketplace websites (eBay, Amazon etc)
- We reserve the right to refuse any price match without giving a reason
If you want to request a price match from us, simply contact our customer service team on 0117 452 6571 or contact us via our live chat.
- SPEEDS: 1 x 14
- WEIGHT: 37.26 kg (82.1 lb)
- GEAR INCHES: 19" - 102" (1.54 - 8.10 m)
- FOLDING SIZE: 176 × 40.5 × 87 cm (69.3 × 15.9 × 34.3 in)
- FOLDING TIME: 5 sec
- FRAME SIZES: One size
- DISTANCE: SEATPOST TO HANDLEBAR: 49 - 59 cm (19.3 - 23.2 in)
- DISTANCE: SADDLE TO PEDAL: 69 - 105 cm (27.2 - 41.3 in)
- SUGGESTED RIDER HEIGHT: 150 - 195 cm (59.1 - 76.8 in)
- MAX GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT: 200 kg (440.9 lb)
- MAX RIDER WEIGHT: 120 kg (264.6 lb)
- FRAME: Tern GSD, 6061-AL, patented MultiTruss design, EFBE Tri-Test approved: 200 kg
- FORK: Suntour custom for Tern, 1.5" tapered Chromoly steerer, 32 mm stanchions, Thru-axle, 70 mm travel, EFBE approved: 200 kg
- HANDLEPOST: Tern Physis 3D, 3D forged, 5 patented technologies, 12°, 290 mm
- STEM: Tern Andros, adjustable, forged construction, patented technology
- HEADSET: Tern Flux Pro Taper, 1.5", angular contact bearings, Physis integrated
- HANDLEBAR: Tern Sweep, 6061-AL, Tern Andros adapted
- GRIPS/BAR TAPE: Ergon
- SADDLE: Tern GSD by Velo, with rear handle
- SEATPOST: Cane Creek Thudbuster G4, Tern Telescope, 34.9/30.9 mm
- SEATPOST CLAMP: Tern Collar, 6061-AL, 2pc
- FRONT BRAKE: Magura MT5, 4-piston hydraulic disc, 180 mm rotor, Sport pads
- REAR BRAKE: Magura MT5, 4-piston hydraulic disc, 180 mm rotor, Sport pads
- BRAKE LEVERS: Magura MT5 e-stop, hydraulic, with brake sensor
- FRONT HUB: Tern Atlas, Boost Thru-Axle, Cargo-optimized design, sealed cartridge bearing
- REAR HUB: Rohloff E14, 526% range, Boost
- SPOKES AND NIPPLES: Stainless steel, 13G
- RIMS: Tern Atlas, ultra wide 36 mm, dual reinforced joint
- TYRES: F: Schwalbe Big Ben Plus, 55-406, Green Guard puncture protection, Reflex R: Tern x Schwalbe Super Moto-X, 62-406, Green Guard puncture protection, Reflex
- SHIFTER(S): Rohloff E14, e-shift 14 spd
- CRANKSET: Tern GSD custom, Gates CDX CNC machined beltring
- CASSETTE/FREEWHEEL: Gates CDX, precision CNC machined cog
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Motor integrated
- CHAIN: Gates Carbon Drive CDX belt
- PEDALS: Urban with non-slip surface, sealed bearings
- SHIFTER CABLE & HOUSING: Rohloff E14, e-shift
- MOTOR: Bosch Cargo Line, 400% Assist, 85 Nm Torque, max speed 25 kph (EU); max speed 20 mph (US)
- BATTERY: Bosch Dual Battery system, 1000 Wh
- DISPLAY: Bosch Intuvia, Rohloff integrated shifting w/ auto downshift
- RANGE: 1000 Wh: 102-206 km (63-128 mi)
- CHARGER: 220V, 4A (EU); 100-240V, 4A (US)
- BELL: Pitch Plus, brass
- CHAINGUARD: Tern Custom, full chain cover
- KICKSTAND: Atlas Lockstand, w/ remote unlock, patented technology
- LUGGAGE SOCKET: Combo Mount
- FRONT LIGHT: Ignis Headlight, Ultra wide 700 lumens, Hi/Lo Beam
- REAR LIGHT: RearStop Brake Light, Always on brake light
- FENDERS: Integrated Wheel Guard, AL6061, w/ Side Skirt
- RACK(S): Frame integrated, heavy duty design; Max load weight: 100 kg (220 lb)
- ACCESSORY: ABUS, keyed-alike with Bosch battery
SKUs / Part Numbers
Please note: Manufacturers can sometimes change the specification of the products from time to time.