Part-Time Sales Assistant - Bristol
To apply, download the application form HERE and send to [email protected].
Whether it be for the weekday commute or weekend pursuits, our customers have very different preferences. What they all have in common is a genuine excitement when they’re presented with their cycling products & you are looked upon not just as a representative of The Electric Bike Shop, but a cycling know-it-all.
As a Sales Assistant, you are the face of our brand, and a key part of our business success. We want you to share our passion for cycling and help every customer to have everything they need to ‘enjoy the ride’. You will achieve this through amazing customer service. You’ll be very approachable and be able to demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to commute with customers who have varying levels of cycling experience.
You will be assisting your team in serving customers in the store and over the phone, carrying out technical handovers, managing deliveries and carrying out sales administration. You’ll solution focused, flexible and able to work on your own initiative - a can-do attitude is an absolute must.
- Provide advice and recommendations that enable the customer to find the right products and services to suit their need and budget.
- Creating a welcoming environment for every type of customer, ensuring that customers are greeted and acknowledged upon entering the store.
- Providing customers with advice on finance options or ride to work schemes in order to make their purchase more affordable.
- Processing transactions on the till system.
- Assisting with deliveries of stock and ensuring that levels of stock on the shop floor are replenished as needed, understanding the importance of planograms.
- Finding pro-active solutions to customer complaints and queries, knowing when to escalate this to management.
- Ensuring the shop floor and all other areas within the store are kept clean, tidy and organised at all times.
- Keeping up to date with product knowledge through training and our online platform.
- Understand how to undertake order book tasks, and how this relates to store sales and targets.
- Help prepare for and assist with stock taking and PI counts.
- Undertaking safety checks and fitting accessories to customer bikes.
- Ensuring that stock loss is minimised through vigilance and complying with security procedures.
- Making the health and safety of yourself, colleagues and customers a priority at all times, and complying with all health and safety procedures in store.
- Any other reasonable duties asked of you for the effective running of the store.
THE SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS THAT MAKE IT ALL HAPPEN.
- Interest or passion in cycling or a willingness to gain this and keep it up to date.
- An interest in cycling or an enthusiasm for the products we sell.
- A customer service driven mindset and approach.
- The ability to listen and communicate effectively with all types of people.
- A genuine and intelligent approach to selling.
- An understanding of the importance of commercial goals such as KPIs.
- Honesty, integrity and doing what’s right.
- A flexible mindset, willing to work additional hours and cover shifts when necessary.
- The ability to work with a team to achieve goals and improve the performance of the store.
- Competitive salary
- Generous staff purchase scheme
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays per year, plus non contractual days off for your birthday and Christmas shut down.
- Employee healthcare scheme and employee assistance programme
Expected start date: ASAP
Hours: 15 or 22.5 hours a week – must include a Saturday
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary from £11.64 per hour